Vaccination at Home Program Available to Congregations
In an effort to reach those individuals who may have difficulty leaving their home to receive a vaccine, the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS), in partnership with the Piedmont Triad Regional Council, has set up a phone number, 1-866-303-0026, and web form through which anyone can request medical personnel come to their home to provide a COVID vaccination. Requests will be answered within three business days.
Churches may be the best means of helping people connect with these resources, so please consider becoming a partner in this effort.
Some people may not feel ready to receive the vaccine at this time. Additional resources for answering questions they might have are below:
- Piedmont Triad Regional Council FAQs about the program
- Top 10 list: Some key pieces of information about the COVID vaccines
- Vaccine FAQs: Frequently asked questions and answers
- Vaccine101: Longer presentation with more comprehensive information
- The Diocesan Task Force on Vaccine Education video library: Scientists, medical professionals and clergy from across the Diocese share fact-based information about COVID vaccines in English and Spanish
Those with questions regarding specific medical considerations should ask their primary care doctor or another healthcare professional.
For more information, please contact Patrick Brown at NCDHHS.
Tags: Coronavirus Resources