Two live webinars will be provided on the tentative Mission and Ministry budget of the Diocese for 2022 as developed by Diocesan Council and the staff of the Diocese. All members of Convention are urged to attend a webinar.
Comments to Diocesan Council about the tentative budget should be submitted no later than Friday, October 15. Diocesan Council will adopt a budget for recommendation to Convention at its October 21 meeting. You may submit comments and questions about the budget to Diocesan Council.
PRE-CONVENTION CONVOCATION MEETINGS
- October 18, 7 p.m., via Zoom: Durham Convocation
- October 19, 5:30 p.m., via Zoom: Winston-Salem Convocation
- October 21, 7 p.m., via Zoom: Raleigh Convocation
- October 25, 7 p.m., via Zoom: Rocky Mount Convocation
- October 26, 6 p.m., via Zoom: Charlotte Convocation
- October 28, 7 p.m., via Zoom: Sandhills Convocation
You will receive Zoom links either directly from the dean of your Convocation or in one of the regular email updates to delegates from the Diocese.
The deadline for nominations is 12:00 noon, Monday, October 11.
- Standing Committee - 2 Clergy (3 years), 1 Lay (3 years)
- Diocesan Council - 2 Clergy (3 years), 3 Lay (3 years)
- Trustee, University of the South - 1 Clergy (2 years 10 months, to fill a vacancy [the 205th “Parking Lot” Convention did not fill this position]), 1 Lay (3 years)
- Nominators must be members of the clergy in the Diocese or lay communicants in good standing of a church of the Diocese. A lay person need not be confirmed or a delegate of Convention to submit a nomination.
- Consent of the nominee is required.
- Nominees for Standing Committee and Diocesan Council in the clergy order must be entitled to seat in Convention.
- Nominees for Standing Committee and Diocesan Council in the lay order must be confirmed adult communicants in good standing who are enrolled at a church in the Diocese.
- Persons desiring to nominate for re-election individuals whose terms on Standing Committee or Diocesan Council will end on December 31, 2021 should heed the Constitution and Canons of the Diocese (Article VIII, Section 1 of the Constitution and Canon 15, Section 1 respectively).
The deadline to submit resolutions is 12:00 noon, Monday, October 11.
Detailed rules for introduction and consideration of resolutions are found in Rules of Order IV(a) and (b), XXIII(a), and XXIV. The Constitution, Canons, and Rules of Order are posted on the website of the Diocese.
Certificate of Election - Church
Certificate of Election - Convocational Youth Delegation
ORIGINAL RESOURCES (SUPERSEDED)