Last updated: July 19, 2021
The coronavirus, or COVID-19, is a global pandemic that has created a world and situation unlike any we have known before. We continue to know this is understandably a cause for concern, but still not a cause for panic. It is an opportunity for all of us to go deeper into our faith to find ways to love and support one another. We are in this together, and we are beloved community.
For questions about the adaptations put in place by the Diocese or church-related matters, to request pastoral clergy care, or to request assistance with supply needs, please contact the Rev. Canon David Sellery or a member of the congregational support team.
If you need different types of assistance - either as a church leader or as someone seeking to worship and engage at home - browse the options below.
- Buildings and Grounds (Best practices for maintaining and securing unoccupied churches)
- Children's, Family and School Guidelines (May 28, 2021)
- Direct Service Ministries
- Financial Guidance
- Ordering Masks for Churches
- Pastoral Care Resources
- Prayer List for the Sick and Faithful Departed (submission form)
- Prayers and Liturgies for the COVID-19 Pandemic (From The Episcopal Church)
- Regathering Resources (including sample signs)
- Reporting (What to do if someone in your parish tests positive for coronavirus)
- Safe Church during COVID-19
- Staying Connected (Tips for livestreaming, videoconferencing and building community off-line)
- Supply Clergy Requests
- Vaccine Information (videos and links to key resources)
- Vestry Meetings (Requirements for holding vestry meetings online)
- Youth Ministry Guidelines (as of June 1, 2020)
- Anxiety, Grief and Stress during COVID-19 - A webinar from the Children's and Youth Mental Health Committee to help adults deal with the particular stresses related to COVID-19 and social distancing.
- At-home Formation (Resources for children, youth and adults)
Kids are going to hear about coronavirus, so be prepared to answer questions and talk to them about it.
- Anxiety, Grief and Stress during COVID-19 (Preschool and Elementary Ages) - A webinar from the Children's and Youth Mental Health Committee to help parents deal with their young children's stress.
- Anxiety, Grief and Stress during COVID-19 (Grades 6-12) - A webinar from the Children's and Youth Mental Health Committee to help parents deal with their middle and high school children's stress.
- Anxiety Grief and Stress during COVID-19: Parent Edition - A webinar from the Children's and Youth Mental Health Committee to help parents deal with their own stress.
Give as You Can
Though life has seemingly come to a standstill, the obligations it contains has not. Churches still have expenses related to worship spaces and ministries, and they need your continued help to keep it all going. As you are able, please continue to honor pledges or donate to your church. We say as you are able - this ongoing situation will have a financial impact on us all, and if you are not able to support your church financially, you can still do so through prayer and participation, knowing all the while you are loved.
For those churches who do not have online options available, the Diocese has created a giving option to help gather donations. By using the diocesan link, donors may designate their giving for a specific church, or they may donate to a general fund to be used to relieve financial stress as the Diocese designates to do so.