Missionary Resource Support Team Grants
- Please consult the reference form to prepare before beginning the application. (Common Application Reference Form)
- Budget worksheet (formulas embedded)
- Sample vestry resolution (editable Word version)
- Applications are due annually by May 1.
- Please contact the Rev. Ginny Wilder with any questions.
The relationship between congregations requesting assistance and the Missionary Resource Support Team (MRST) can best be described as a covenant. Each congregation and the MRST pledge themselves to mutual expectations. As a committee, we pledge to respond to your application with prayerful and thorough consideration. Our expectations of your congregation are listed below. The MRST salary support grant supports clergy salaries and benefits through the annual diocesan budget.
To be eligible for a MRST clergy salary grant, your congregation must:
- Have an Average Sunday Attendance (ASA) or 150 or fewer.
- Accept your 2021 diocesan asking and pay it in a timely manner.
- Have a completed 2020 audit on file in the diocesan office.
- Offer compensation to your vicar at a level no less than the diocesan minimum. The current annual minimum for a full- time priest living in his/her own housing is $64,614.
- Have completed a Mutual Ministry Review for 2020 and sent your report to the bishop.
- Notify MRST of significant financial or clergy changes during the year.
Only applications that are received on time will be considered. Applicants for the MRST Salary Support Grant must be present for interviews on as date to be determined.
Application requirements are as follows:
1) Complete the Common Application, as well as the Budget Worksheet.
2) Attach the financial page of the parochial report for 2020.
3) Attach a copy of your congregation's treasurer’s report for the year ending 2020.
4) Attach a copy of your 2021 budget as approved by your vestry.
5) Identify and explain any undesignated funds remaining from 2020 that total more than $5,000.
6) Identify and explain any endowment funds, both designated and undesignated.