Missionary Resource Support Team Grants
- Clergy Salary Support Deadline: May 16, 2021
- Common Application Reference Form | editable Word version: Please note the MRST application uses the Common Application and must be completed in one sitting. We encourage you to use the Common Application Reference form to familiarize yourself with the questions you'll be asked and to formulate your answers and gather any necessary attachments before completing your application.
- Budget worksheet (formulas embedded)
- Sample vestry resolution | editable Word version
The relationship between congregations requesting assistance and the Missionary Resource Support Team (MRST) can best be described as a covenant. Each congregation and the MRST pledge themselves to mutual expectations. As a committee, we pledge to respond to your application with prayerful and thorough consideration. Our expectations of your congregation are listed below.
MRST offers two grants. The MRST seed grant is a grant of up to $7,500 for new worshiping communities in the Diocese of North Carolina. There are two cycles - spring and fall - and funds are disbursed several months after the grant is approved. The MRST salary support grant supports clergy salaries through the annual diocesan budget. That application is due in the spring and disburses the following calendar year.
MRST Clergy Salary Grants: These grants apply only to clergy salary and benefits, and may not be used for other purposes.
To be eligible for a MRST clergy salary grant, your congregation must:
- Have an Average Sunday Attendance (ASA) or 150 or fewer.
- Accept your 2021 diocesan asking and pay it in a timely manner.
- Have a completed 2020 audit on file in the diocesan office.
- Offer compensation to your vicar at a level no less than the diocesan minimum. The current annual minimum for a full- time priest living in his/her own housing is $64,614.
- Have completed a Mutual Ministry Review for 2020 and sent your report to the bishop.
- Notify MRST of significant financial or clergy changes during the year.
Only applications that are received on time will be considered. Applicants for the MRST Salary Support Grant must be present for interviews on as date to be determined.
Application requirements are as follows:
1) Complete the Common Application, as well as the Budget Worksheet.
2) Attach the financial page of the parochial report for 2020.
3) Attach a copy of your congregation's treasurer’s report for the year ending 2020.
4) Attach a copy of your 2021 budget as approved by your vestry.
5) Identify and explain any undesignated funds remaining from 2020 that total more than $5,000.
6) Identify and explain any endowment funds, both designated and undesignated.
MRST Clergy Salary Support Grant: Submit to Erin Sweeney by May 16, 2021.
MRST Seed Grant: Submit to Erin Sweeney by October 1, 2021.