Mission Endowment Grants
The spring application deadline is June 1.
Note: In order for information entered in the pdf to save, you must first download and save the file to your computer before entering information.
The Mission Endowment Grant is a permanent endowment created for the specific purpose of supporting the diocesan mission strategy of establishing "the Episcopal presence of Christ in communities in ways that brings the community to see Christ’s presence among them."
What makes the grant unique is expanded eligibility in applying for the grants. While grant projects must relate to missionary initiatives located within the 38 counties of the Diocese, the initiatives themselves do not have to be associated with diocesan entities. Only one participating member of the proposed project team is required to be associated with a diocesan entity; the rest of the team can build out from there. This opens the door to greater eligibility, including:
- Strategic partnerships between diocesan and outside entities, including interfaith and secular entities
- Companion relationships
- Partnership ministries of congregations, institutions and organizations of the Diocese.
Mission Endowment Grants cannot be used for:
- The cost of capital campaigns or debt reduction
- Debts obligated or incurred before the date of the grant application
- Programs and efforts that are contrary to the doctrine, discipline or worship of the Episcopal Church
Up to five (5) grants in amounts ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 will be awarded each year. One and two-year grants are available.
For more information, please contact the Rev. Robert Black, Mission Endowment Board chair.