Mission Endowment Grants
- Deadline: November 30, 2021
- Common Application Reference Form | editable Word version: We encourage you to use the Common Application Reference form to familiarize yourself with the questions you'll be asked and to formulate your answers and gather any necessary attachments before completing your application.
- Budget worksheet (formulas embedded)
- Sample vestry resolution | editable Word version
The Mission Endowment Grant is a permanent endowment created for the specific purpose of supporting the diocesan mission strategy of establishing "the Episcopal presence of Christ in communities in ways that brings the community to see Christ’s presence among them."
What makes the grant unique is expanded eligibility in applying for the grants. While grant projects must relate to missionary initiatives located within the 38 counties of the Diocese, the initiatives themselves do not have to be associated with diocesan entities. Only one participating member of the proposed project team is required to be associated with a diocesan entity; the rest of the team can build out from there. This opens the door to greater eligibility, including:
- Strategic partnerships between diocesan and outside entities, including interfaith and secular entities
- Companion relationships
- Partnership ministries of congregations, institutions and organizations of the Diocese.
Mission Endowment Grants cannot be used for:
- The cost of capital campaigns or debt reduction
- Debts obligated or incurred before the date of the grant application
- Programs and efforts that are contrary to the doctrine, discipline or worship of the Episcopal Church
Up to five (5) grants in amounts ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 will be awarded each year. One and two-year grants are available.
For more information, please contact the Rev. Robert Black, Mission Endowment Board chair.