Youth Ministry Resources
During the last three years, the children's and youth ministries department of the Diocese of North Carolina has developed a practical and relevant resource for all those who work with children and youth. This best practices document includes matters of transportation, medication, supervision, and, yes, even technology, including Facebook and texting.
SMALL GROUP LEADERSHIP
Facilitating a group activity takes some practice. The youth leaders have created a resource to guide young people in learning the skills necessary to facilitate an activity successfully.
YOUTH MISSION TRIPS
Please update us on your recent mission experience here.
Below are links to numerous mission opportunities, particularly in North Carolina.
- Companion Diocese of Costa Rica: Contact Allie Norman, companion diocese officer, to plan a mission trip to Costa Rica.
- Companion Dioecse of Botswana: Contact the Rev. Miriam Saxon, chair of the Botswana Committee, to plan a mission trip to Botswana.
- Episcopal Relief and Development
- Appalachian Service Project - Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee
- City Service Mission
- Episcopal Farmworkers Ministry - Newton Grove, NC
- Glory Ridge - Marshall, NC
- Passport Camps
SAMPLE YOUTH MINISTRY FORMS
The following forms are fillable pdf forms; if you need a Word document, please contact the youth ministries department.
- Registration and Medical Form
- Consent and Liability Form
- Incident Report Form
- Children and Youth Ministry Volunteer Policies/Form
- Reporting Abuse, Neglect, or Exploitation of Children, the Elderly, or People with Disabilities
- Community Covenant
- Adult Community Covenant
- Transportation of Children and Youth
- Medical Log Form