Despite the damage it brings, a great deal of North Carolina weather provides warning enough to put at least basic preparedness plans in place. They give us time to consider what we need to do to be as ready as possible, what to do if affected by the storm and how to help if not.
If you don't yet have a preparedness plan in place, please take a few minutes to fill out the (very) quick plan.
BUILDING YOUR PLAN
This presentation walks you through preparing for the 2021 hurricane season and natural disasters in general with a review of considerations and the diocesan plan templates dedicated to this topic.
TRACK THE STORM(S)
- Hurricane Preparation Checklist (American Red Cross)
- ASCPA: 5 Tips to Protect Your Pets
- Family preparedness (video series - Spanish w/English subtitles)
- Episcopal Relief & Development
- Thoughts on responding (how to help)
- American Red Cross
- General Hurricane Repsonse Fund (Episcopal Relief & Development - funds will be used where most needed, regardless of storm name or location)